Thursday, March 20, 2008

Opening for some old friends

Last night was just one of those sets where everything seemed to go right. I've never seen The Circuit so packed in my entire time here in Utah. (Thank you Sam Salisbury!)It was a sold out show and I was lucky to be a part of it. I have played with 3 out of the 4 bands that I opened for last night and it felt really good to be amongst friends. Jonatahan Jones New Band "We Shot The Moon" played amazing and I sang along to every tune. The Higher always put on a killer show and Seth and the rest of the guys are the nicest band I've ever met. Let me just say Sherwood is better than ever. I think every year they outdo themselves with their recordings and with their live show. Last night was just living proof of that. Houston Calls put on a great set and they even said a few kind words about me. I honestly didn't want the night to end.

I got on stage alittle earlier than expected and I only had a 25 minute set. A lot of people missed it. So I spent a few hours playing for people outside who couldnt get in to the show. Taking requests and a lot of them were suprisingly old songs. Nothing like a good singalong session to end a perfect evening. I should have some photo's up of that real soon. Thank you all for making this music worth playing.



set list: freakish(saves the day cover), seventeen, promise, summer sends its love(sherwood cover), parades, keep driving, with or without you

1 comment:

AshleeBashlee said...

I wish i would of known about the Acoustic outside part earlier because I just caught the last song. But it was amazing none the less. I can't wait for the April 10th show.

I grew up in Cedar City and have never heard of these FREAL milk shakes. I will have to look next time I am there