Thursday, April 24, 2008

opening for Ben Folds at Salt Air



So last night blew by way too fast. I have never been so nervous in my entire life. I was suprised I didn't faint or vomit before I went on. I did almost trip on my way up.. There were over 3,000 people and this was by far the biggest show I've ever played a main stage on. Once The music started it all went away.


Chris Merritt and Mesa Drive played some awesome sets. Its so great to see bands progress and also nice to be amongst friends. I took the stage around 8pm and the crowd was really responsive. The set was video taped so we should have it up very soon.

Ben Lee was having guitar problems so I let him use mine for the majority of his set. I'm never selling it now. We talked for a bit and he honestly was the nicest guy I've met at that level. so down to earth. I caught him a few times outside just walking around on the Salt flats. taking in the scenery I guess.

Ben Folds was well... Ben Folds. Just possibly the most entertaining guy in show business. I grew up on this guy and getting the chance to share the stage was a dream come true. I hope this won't be the last time I get to play for a crowd this big. I don't know how you could ever get used to that.

Thanks to Sam Salisbury/ Rockstar Shows and The Salt Air Staff for making this possible. And thank you guys for your support. I wouldn't have gotten to this point without your help.

set list: Promise, Medley, Keep Driving, With or Without You

No comments: